Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I called Sears 800 number to get help on installation of new

Customer Question

I called Sears 800 number to get help on installation of new Kenmore washer
Model #26
26132K 410
They could not help me and sent me to local store because we had a customer pick up on the set.
My installation booklet inside the washer does not show or answer this question. When connecting the hoses to the inlets on the washer, do you remove the red and blue sockets or plugs that are inside the inlets or is that a filter that must remain? No further instructions are included about any plugs being in or removal of the plugs in the use and care booklet which does not have the same model numbers.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Can you take a picture of the receptacles and use the paper clip above the text box to attach it so I can see if the inserts need to be removed or not?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no sorry
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
OK well if the inserts look like they have tiny holes all through the center part to allow water to pass, then you don't remove them, those are just the coarse filters. If they are solid plastic, then you remove them and they are just there to tell you which receptacle is hot water and which one is cold water so that you connect the hoses properly.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?