John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Decor Pecor 30s microwave. We have had it

Customer Question

We have a Decor Pecor 30s microwave.
We have had it for 11 years.
Within the first year or so, the microwave refused to run for longer than one minute.
No matter how much time is set on the timer, it turns off after running for 1 minute.
We have used it in this frustrating way for approximately 10 years.
It's a but exasperating to pay so much for a microwave (i believe we paid $600) and have had this problem.
I guess my period of procrastinating has ended and I'd like to know how we can fix this problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

What does the display read if you set it for a 5 minute cook time and it shuts off at one minute? Does it show that it has 4 minutes left or does it reset back to the time?