John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My lg frig quit cooling. compressor is hot, sounds like its

Customer Question

my lg frig quit cooling. compressor is hot, sounds like its running but not cooling
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: ok. it makes a clicking sound every now and then. i checked the board fuse and it is still good.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: i dont know of anything else.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, not frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?