John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Whirlpool ice bucket on door will not seat properly.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! In the diagram at the link below, numbers 16 & 36 are the meshing couplings. Do they look to be worn or number 36 pushed up at all? CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know what 16 is supposed to look like. And I don't know what pushed up (36) means. When I first examined both they didn't look like they were made for each other. Sort of like a hex and a star. I can dump the ice out and try again, but I need to know what I am looking for. The diagrams are way too low res. It would seem that since they came apart, they ought to go back together again if I rotate in the process.