Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Why is water collecting inside bottom of ge profile cafe side

Customer Question

why is water collecting inside bottom of ge profile cafe side by side refrigerator under vegetable drawer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. On this particular model, the cooling system and defrost is all inside the freezer section which means that the water inside the refrigerator section would be coming from the water tank back behind the crisper drawers at the bottom of your refrigerator. This tank can freeze if the refrigerator gets too cold and then the tank will crack and get a hair line fracture causing it to leak a bit (usually more when the water dispenser is being used. Either way, the water tank would need to be replaced to resolve the issue and the part is about $26. Below is a link to the part for your model. CLICK HERE for water reservoir tank We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?