Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

Ge washer gfwh 1200h0ww locks door, unlocks, locks again runs

Customer Question

ge washer gfwh 1200h0ww locks door, unlocks, locks again runs in water timer counts down, doesn't agitate, and in drain and spin cycle, units pumps out but wont spin, in normal cycle fills, counts down a few minutes, then says paused and control lights flash and cannot do anything until u unplug, then start over with same results
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
hi have you tried unplugging for 2 min to reset the board on the machine that is the first thing
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
also have you had any power outages or surges recently
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
hi are you there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello. tried unplugging for 5 min. no surges,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still fills then no agitate, then says pause and start light flashes
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
hi sounds like the board is faulty the relays are disengaging
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
once engaged after filling it should initiate the motor to start washing but instead it pauses
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will order control, thx will let you know how turns out..
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
replacing the board would be the next step to get it going again please rate me as that's how I get paid thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced board $225 did not fix problem, according to diagram about all else can be is motor, but now I have a $225 part not needed, ..
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
The motor is controlled from the board u stated it did run then the machine would stop and say sensing that is not from the motor the motor has a board on it as well so if that green light is out then the motor would be dead completely you may have a faulty lif switch or a pressure switch issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i stated it filled, but didnt agitate or spin, pump out, never said anything about it saying sensing, it said pause, and lights flashed
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.
I read your question and the motor would be tbe culprit but a failed relay on the board would also indicate no response from motor