Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a HDC36SS and I put it under a counter and the area

Customer Question

I have a HDC36SS and I put it under a counter and the area surrounded the unit got extremely hot. Is that normal?? Also the alarm kept going off
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The outside of the unit got very hot and the left hand side would not hold it's temp
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. We have had it about 10 yrs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
This wine cooler cools by expelling heat through the side walls. It will get hot if you put it under a countertop and in a cabinet and may not cool properly so you will need to make sure there is about an inch of air space around the sides, top, and back of the unit if you want to put it in cabinet. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?