Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer-I began a load of clothes,

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer-I began a load of clothes, not realizing the water had been turned off. Now, it's not working. I tried the diagnostic test and still doesn't work. When I turn on the machine, it senses then just shuts off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today. Try this:Unplug the washer remove the supply hoses from the machine, put the hoses over in the washer and turn them on allowing water to flow into the machine tub, fill the tub up a little and turn the water off. Hook the supply hoses back up to the machine, plug it back in and start a new cycle and see if that resets the unit. If not let me know and give me the model number of the washer so I can help you further, but that should do it, let me know, thanks.In the meantime:******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know how to do what you are asking.
just try unplugging the unit for 10 minutes and plug it back up and see if that resets it, let me know.
Hi there,I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?