Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an Amana washer model NTW4600YQ1. The lid lock switch

Customer Question

I have an Amana washer model NTW4600YQ1. The lid lock switch light flashes and want go off even after I unplug it and plug it back in. I replaced the lid lock switch. The washer started OK and let water into the tub. Once the water level was reached the lid lock switch started flashing again and it want unlock even after I unplug it. What is the problem? Could it be a bad control board?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: You need to put into diagnostic mode and retrieve the last stored error code, watch this video and let me know what you see flashing. CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!