Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

Uline undercounter ice maker freezing over at chill plate.

Customer Question

Uline undercounter ice maker freezing over at chill plate. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 6 months ago.
hello are you there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 6 months ago.
hi yes ive seen that before there is a sensor that not mounted by the evaporator but by the compressor and they need to remove uline that is many folks have had this and the water goes over the back and messes up the way the sensor reads when the ice is ready to be dispensed thaw out the unit 4 to 5 hours let thew ice clear out then start again if ice is produced normally then water is getting behind the chill plate over time , and u will need to have a uline tech address the issue .
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 6 months ago.
the diffuser has been redesigned to slow the water going over the diffuser happens with time wear and tear that's all.please rate me as that's how I get paid thanks I'm here if you need further help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nope. Already considered that. I knew of that issue. I don't think that's it. I already addressed this by running a small bead of silicone to seal the gap where the plastic had bowed out a little allowing water leakage behind chiller. Anything else?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 6 months ago.
another reason it can freeze up is if the evaporator sensor is bad and the board cant determine coldness or the control board relay for evap is fautly causing over freezing wont cut off to initiate cycle
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So, how do I test the evaporator sensor and the control board relay?
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 6 months ago.
the control board rely you just replace the board