Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Kenmore dishwasher "clean" light blinking. Wontdo anything.

Customer Question

Kenmore dishwasher "clean" light blinking. Wontdo anything. looks like a blink pattern of 7 blinks but could be 4 followed by 3.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The clean light flashing 7 times is an error code indicating an issue with the wash temperature. If the control does not detect a 4*F temperature rise in the main wash cycle, it will display the fault as the clean light flashing 7 times. There are several things that could cause the water not to heat, including the water being too hot coming in, an open door switch, or a faulty component in the heater circuit. The most common cause is the door switch not closing properly. This can be due to a loading issue or a latch issue. If upon visual inspection of the heating element no obvious defects are found, I would recommend resetting the control and running another cycle, paying close attention to door closure. If the light begins flashing again, you likely have a component failure. The heat circuit consists of several components including the element, control, door switch and tub thermostat(s). Reset the control by pressing: Heated Dry--Normal-- Heated Dry --Normal. All of the light should turn on. Allow 30 seconds to pass and press cancel and it should allow you to start a normal cycle. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.