Stefan T
Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician at AST Enterprises
93058382

I recently purchased a Subzero refrigerator and need to change

Customer Question

I recently purchased a Subzero refrigerator and need to change the swing of the door so that the hinges are on the left side. I bought model # ***** My dealer is telling me that the door cannot be switched and that I would need to purchase another model in order to get the swing the way I want. Surely, the door can be switched? Need help finding answer. Thanks.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: My dealer (Ferguson's) said they would not trade refgs. because I cut up the box that it came in. The refg. still has tape on everywhere.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Stefan T replied 7 months ago.
Hi I am Stefan. I will look up your model to confirm if it can or can not be done. Give me a few minutes.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for waiting it will be just a bit longer.
Expert:  Stefan T replied 7 months ago.
I believe they were right. Under specifications it does say LH or RH needs to be specified for door preference. So you will not be able to change the door. If they will not take it back there is not much you can do. I have provided a link for the info. I hope I answered your question. If so, please credit my work with a 3+ rating.