John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer: I have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a used ACME MRS11 dough roller( I think) it worked fine till today. When I turn it on the motor cuts on but the rollers don't roll. I took off the the housing covering the on/off buttons and the housing below containing "relay" switches( could be the wrong lingo) checked all the connections but when I press stop the is a spark on the bottom "relay". I cleaned all the dust and even lightly ran sand paper in between the connections but still no roller motion. Any ideas would be appreciated.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Thank you,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
If you haven't checked www.strattonsales.com. they stock Acme parts.Using the expert's rating scale, found at the top of your screen, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my answer. I'm not paid, until you rate my service. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
did I miss the answer? or you just sent a parts link? Any thoughts on what is wrong?
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
I sent the website address, because you seemed sure of the parts you need. If you need anything else, I'll need a description of the parts you're looking for. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not really sure of the parts, its just a guess, I included the description of what the roller was doing and hoping for your feedback on what the problem could be based on your experience, I could be way off base
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Can you tell me if the drive motor runs?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
nothing running, just a hum when I press start and the short in the relay when I turn it off. it gets power.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
OK. Thank you. I'll find the technical information I need, and I'll get back to you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
The motor has seized up, and it needs to be replaced. Its part number is ***** It's available at www.whaleyfoodservice.com. You need to call them at(###) ###-####to get a price quote. They're located in Kentucky. It's a good idea to replace the sparking relay, as well. It's what powers the motor.