Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Kenmore double oven electric range. One of the ovens

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore double oven electric range. One of the ovens is showing loc when it is not locked and loc goes away if I press STOP for 3 sec. but then it is locked. It shows locked when it is not locked and it clears the screen when it is locked. What do you think?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
It sounds like your control board is just confused. LOC means that your control panel is locked, but if you remove the control lock and then the door locks, something is confused with your control board. Try to flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, your display board would need to be ordered and replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?