Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert

Having trouble with my LG French door refrigerator. The bottom

Customer Question

Having trouble with my LG French door refrigerator. The bottom ice maker will not drop the ice, I am able to cycle the dropping mechanism manually and the tray fill up with water. I've replaced the ice maker and it's been over six hours and it will not drop the ice. The freezer temperature is -6 it's not a water flow problem. It fills the tray up. It's an LG model LFX28979ST ice maker model is LG AEQ27909603
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.
hello, I am Ezekiel I will be assisting you with this issue. that icemaker power is supplied from the main board if that relay is not engaging indicating its faulty the the icemaker will not cycle through. that board is a plug and play .
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.
hi, also set the freezer setting on 2 as the icemaker mechanism is plastic they can get too cold and freeze the thermostat not allowing the icemaker to rotate . also did you put an exact lg icemaker when u plug it in I mean the harness the original icemaker has a smaller wire harness with 6 wires in it the one you replaced it with must also have six or or u don't have all the necessary wires in place for it to function properly. please check an advice thank you ill be on stand by.