Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

Help! My door shelf in my Frigidaire fridge was stuck while

Customer Question

Help! My door shelf in my Frigidaire fridge was stuck while I was cleaning it. As I got it pulled off, the foam injected piece that holds the door shelf on ripped off. So the vinyl and the foam inject piece are missing. Any way to repair that without a new fridge?
Also, a plastic bag that was wrapped around something in our freezer got stuck in the ice maker unit. I'm not sure how to get it out without breaking the ice maker. What is the best way to go about cutting it out without destroying it?
Submitted: 5 months ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 months ago.
hello , with the liner being broken on the door shelf you can get some epoxy or liner repair kit and resecure the broken piece ,and let it dry ,you shouldnt need a new fridge for that ..any way of bonding that piece back on will work ..with the iceamaker ..the plastic is most likely frozen in there with the ice can let the fridge thaw out by turning it off ..plastic will come out a lot easier ..or you can take the icemaker out ,there are two screws that mount it to the side wall ,remove those and the plug in ..then run hot water into the icemaker when it is removed from the fridge
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 5 months ago.
how did that work out ?thx randy