Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have an Kenmore 800. It will work loads of cloths

Customer Question

We have an Kenmore 800. It will work for 2 loads of cloths with the timer. But will not work with timer after 2nd load.
Have to use "More Dry" on "Auto Sensing" to make dryer work and dry cloths.
What can I do to fix my Kenmore 800 dryer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.
Can I get the full model number to better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way and seen if you open the door.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Model # *****
Serial # *****
Perfect, thank you. So on this model the only thing that can cause your issue would be a weak contact inside the timer itself. There is a control board the controls the heat and a separate relay that controls the motor, but those wouldn't just work on one setting but not another. It sounds like the contact inside your timer is getting warm after running a couple cycles and then the contact won't flex properly and make contact anymore until it cools down. If you choose a different setting it uses a different contact in the timer on some settings so that is why it'll work on a couple other settings. Either way, the timer itself would need to be replaced to resolve the issue so below is a link to the part if you wanted to order it. CLICK HERE for timer We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sound good so far.
Can you get me a good price on the timer?
Let me put it in and check it out. I'll let you know.
The best price I see for a timer is in the link below and they are a reliable source CLICK HERE for timer
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?