Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Oven is telling me feature not available baking

Customer Question

Oven is telling me feature not available for either baking or broiling ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately Whirlpool ovens tend to develop this problem quite often. The problem is that the oven thinks it's in the middle of self cleaning which is why it won't allow you to bake or broil. There is just confusion in the display board so unplug the oven or flip the breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes and the electronics will often reset and start working like normal again. If not, then the display board would need to be replaced I'ms sorry to say. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?