Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do I raise water level on top load H E washer

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Most are not able to be adjusted, they are controlled electronically. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
w10250884
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
The model tag is usually around the opening where the clothes are loaded, under the lid. It will look like WTW5500ABC1.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
You are very welcome.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Type 587-20
Model # *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Excellent, nice work! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sure
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
On that machine, the water level control is built into the main electronic control, number 4 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE If the water level is lower than it has been, the pressure hose may be partially plugged or the electronic control may be having issues. However, if the water level has always been low, that is by design and cannot be adjusted or changed. Water usage is regulated by the government. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
You bet, sorry there was not an easy way to increase the water level. This is a big problem for these machines and the reason most consumers switch to a front loading machine!