Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a KitchenAid KUIC18NNZS ice maker that will make 2 sets

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid KUIC18NNZS ice maker that will make 2 sets of thin ice and then the ice will stick to the tray and get about an inch thick but not fall onto the ice cutting grid
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Did you get what I wrote?
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No, the ice does not come off the plate. I assume that heat should make it come loose but I don't see a heater coil so assume it must be an expansion valve that reverses and allows the heat to heat the tray
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: Your evaporator thermister is bad. That is what senses the temp of the grid to set the ice thickness, they go bad all the time and you need to change that out. CLICK HERE PART All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!