John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator, discontinued model# *****

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator, discontinued model# ***** that makes a loud high pitched whining noise intermittently. The noise is coming from the inside back of the frig in the vicinity of the evaporator fan. It continues even with the doors open. The evaporator fan has been replaced 6 times. The noise continues and no repair person can figure out what's causing it and why it only does it some of the time.?????? Thanks. Sorry if this is a repeat, I can't tell if my question went through
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Does it make the noise all the time?