Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a 2010 front loading washer. It works fine most of

Customer Question

I have a 2010 front loading washer. It works fine most of the time. The other day it stopped and smelled hot. We didn't use it again for 4 days. The first load went fine. The 2nd load stopped while rinse and spin cycle was going. It doesn't drain all the way or spin out. Any suggestions.?????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Does it sound load during spin and look at the front bottom edge when you have the door open peel the boot back do you see gummed up melted plastic?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nothing there. It just doesn't want to drain or spin out.
OK the drain pump may be stuck or burned out, remove the front lower panel. There are 3 torx screws along the bottom edge of the unit. The panel will pull down and come out. That will expose the drain pump and filter on the unit. You can then remove the filter and drain the unit to check if something is blocked in the pump and replace that if needed, they often go bad on that unit.Here is a link to the partCLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!