Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

A Maytag Centennial clothes washer was moved from a

Customer Question

A Maytag Centennial clothes washer was moved from a fianceé's home to mine yesterday and it seems to be hooked correctly. But after START, it will think about the situation as it should and then go to wash and stall there. The WASH light is on for hours. How do I reset the machine?***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
You should be able to just press and hold the start button for 5 seconds or unplug the washer to reset the washer. If that doesn't work, then possibly the control board was damaged from jostling around when being moved. You can try to get it to go into diagnostics and pull up an error code, but other than that if you can't get it to pull up the error code or it won't reset, you just need to replace the main control board inside the control panel. Now, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence. a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one full rotation and the control panel should beep.b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. e. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. f. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second. Now you are in diagnostics. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START.Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs along the progress line. Just note which lights appear and let me know and I can tell you what error you're getting. There will be 2 sets of lights that appear and I need both sets to know what error you're getting. You can see in the video below the process so maybe that will help but as I mentioned before, many times people have problems so if you can't then I would recommend replacing the actuator. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?