Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ice maker will not fill with water. New ice maker in freezer

Customer Question

Ice maker will not fill with water. New ice maker in freezer and new regulator back side of fridge out side door. 36 hours plugged in freezer at 10 be0low zero. Unit was winterized by dealer worked last season.
Found ice maker unplugged from AC checked power at plug and O.K. re plugged and still nothing to open water valve. Water is available on input. What to do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Are you at the unit and can you pop the front cover off the icemaker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have to remove the icemaker from the freezer to remove cooler. The ice maker is in a R.V.
You need to remove the front square cover on the icemaker and get a jumper wire to do a test
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the old ice maker. It will take 20 minutes to remove the ice maker from the freezer. Can you tell me how to use the jumper wire if I have the old ice maker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still standing by Appliance Guru. I have the ice maker loose still plugged in the Refer is in off mode and I have a jumper wire. OK
Yes I am here
OK do you see the L and V holes with the front cover off? If so stick the jumper wires in those holes that should activate the fill valve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll go try Hang on
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jumped L and V a small amount of water from water pipe in freezer.
Ok so either the valve is bad, fill tube is blocked or the water supply to the valve is the issue. You need to check those three things. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have water to the new solonoid I can blow air to the freezer The ice maker is new. I have reassembled everytyhing and will see if I have have Ice tomorrow.
Ok sounds good! All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!