Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My samsung refrigerator some how experienced some sort of power

Customer Question

my samsung refrigerator some how experienced some sort of power surge early this morning and therefore is not running. The digital display on the front door is totally dark. I have already unplugged it for about 60 seconds and then plugged the unit back in but my display still is dark. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your refrigerator today. So first, if you have a power surge and now there are no signs of life, you need to pull the refrigerator forward and follow the power cord to locate the noise filter. Below is a link to what that part looks like. You should have 110 volts going into the filter and 110 volts coming out of it. CLICK HERE for filter If you have 110 volts coming in from the power cord but nothing coming out, then replace the filter. If you DO have 110 volts coming out of the filter then your main control board on the back is bad. Below is a link to that part. CLICK HERE for main control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don not have a technical background and therefore I'm not comfortable implementing your instructions.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
OK that's understandable, but at least now you know what you're looking at, either you have a bad noise filter or bad main control board.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In this case this was of little to no help to me. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry you feel that way. If you're handy at all you can swap the parts out since they are all plug and play, but without a technical knowledge you wouldn't be able to test them. I'm sorry about the circumstances but I hope you understand that I can't control how your refrigerator fails.