Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: I buy

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I buy a dishwasher one week ago in Lowes,
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Since yesterday the soap compartment is not working, the soap pack is still inside of the compartment at the end of the cycle and an error message E24 was indicated on the display
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: i would like to know what is the meaning of the message and fix the problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.The E24 error is a drain error on a Bosch unit, check the filters in the bottom of the dishwasher and make sure they are clean and do not have a lot of trash in them. Here is a video that shows how, click hereIf the unit is not draining properly it will not get far enough into the cycle to dispense the soap. If the filters check out ok and the unit still is giving you a problem then you will need to call and set up a service call under warranty since the unit is so new, because if you tamper with anything besides cleaning the filters it will void you warranty. ******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will check the drain this week as soon as possible before i will continue the operation of the unit. If after that the error message continue, I will contact you again
sounds good thanks.I see the question is still unrated, if there is something else I can help you with later follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer, I'm sure you probably just forgot to rate the answer so if you would kindly do so now I would certainly appreciate it, you just simply find the star rating system at the top of your screen or located in one of my replies and click on the third star or higher. Thanks in advance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My only concern is with Bosh, i just did a question directly to Bosh because i bought the equipment just one week ago, and it is not working properly. and now i was charged with 23$ just to understand the meaning of the error 24. The manual from Bosh does not have that information.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not think that the client support from Bosh should ask me for money just to understand the meaning of a error that it is not indicated properly in a troubleshooting table in the manual
I am afraid you have mistaken this is not Bosch we are not affiliated with Bosch in any way, this is Just Answer a site to ask expert questions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I went to the Bosh page and they sent me to this page. I know that it is not your fault\
I see, but yes Just Answer charges to chat with the experts on here I am a appliance technician that is here on the site to answer appliance questions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok thanks
so what you should do is check the filters on the dishwasher and the drain like I suggested and if none of that seems to help, call the lowes you bought the dishwasher from and talk to the appliance department and ask them what you need to do to set up a warranty call on the unit.But I would appreciate it if you would rate the answer I have given, thanks so much.