Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE FUF14S freezer that just stops. It was completely

Customer Question

I have a GE FUF14S freezer that just stops. It was completely off yesterday to the poing that the food was thawed. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and as of now it is working. The interior light isn't working although I have changed the bulb and the lights on the Electronic Temperature Control disappear sometimes. Any Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! This is a pretty common failure and will require the main electronic control in the door be replaced. To remove the control, you slip a putty knife in between the edges of the control and the door to release the plastic pressure tabs. The control simply unplugs from the door and the new one plugs in. The control for your model is available below. That freezer is made by Frigidaire. I linked you to the Frigidaire control because it is about $100 less expensive! ;-) The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE If you want the GE branded part, it is available below. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!