Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Maytag Refrigerator, Model MTB1976HRW. It

Customer Question

Maytag Refrigerator, Model MTB1976HRW.
It buzzed for about 15 sec. then ran for a minute or two, then buzzed...
Then it stopped cooling so I unplugged it, compressor was hot. I cleaned the coils but no change.
Can I fix this by changing the capacitor? Which part should I order?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The start device, number 4 in the diagram at the link below, will need to be replaced. The run capacitor would not cause this issue. CLICK HERE The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!