Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have water pressure forcing water out of the water fill

Customer Question

I have water pressure forcing water out of the water fill b]tube
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The water is coming out even when not being called for? Did you run a gallon or two of water through the new filter? Any construction going on in the neighborhood that may be allowing excess air into the water lines?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
There are three questions, no to all of them?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
You must run at least a gallon of water through the system anytime the line is opened to purge the air or it will continue to drip. Can you try that now, please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** know what happens, please!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK done that.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you there
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Any more dripping?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what happens is everything works fine. ice maker and water dispenser.Only after running for awhile water pressure blows the fill tube off the connection to ice machine
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Ah, okay. Is it still making ice? I suspect that fill tube at the ice maker may be frozen shut.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it still makes ice
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Is the ice bucket full to the top?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no I emptied it and turned the water off. but it was full
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there is still a small of ice
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
There has to be something restricting the flow of water through the tube if it is blowing off the fitting. Can you remove the water line that feeds the ice maker at the valve and see if you can blow through it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
water is flowing through the tube to connection at the ice
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
If that is clear, then I would suggest putting a tighter clamp on the fitting if it is popping loose.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the connection has no clamp
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Putting one on should solve it from popping off.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the connecting point is inside the back of refrigerator not possible, I put two screws in the hose flange but now it squirts out of the fitting
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Gss23WGTABB
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
The water line should connect at the number 270 tube in the back. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes it is
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Okay, so if the number 270 tube is clear and you clamp that connection, you should have no more leakage.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
If you cannot get a clamp on there, replace that tubing assembly. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
like i said before there is no clamp and the tube in unobstructed
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
Okay, that new assembly appears to be all one assembly and should take care of the problem.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what problem is taken care of ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.
The line popping out of the fitting. The new assembly is all one piece.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes but I still have the same problem
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
are you kidding me
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today since the last tech opted out.
what he was telling you was to replace the entire assembly with the new one he linked here and that should take care of the issue - click here
and I would have to agree with that.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what do you suspect is wrong with the old one
probably just a weak connection that can't handle the pressure even though it should, it happens sometimes but replacing it will take care of the problem.******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The tube no longer pops off because I added 2 screws to flange now the water spews out of the connection
If you are talking about water spewing out of the connection at the tube and line then its just bad and needs to be replaced the assembly is one piece and was never meant to be separated in the first place that is the issue, so now even though its not popping off it is still leaking.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
where is the connection for the water fill line inside at ice maker or at the back of frig Trying to determine if tube has broken off down inside of frig
The tube pokes through the back of the fridge and kinda hangs over the ice maker water intake water just dumps from tube into ice maker there is no connection.
Now if that tube is jammed against the water intake enough it could cause water to back up and cause the problem you are having. click here for image