Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Kenmore "Elite" stand alone freezer. The control

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore "Elite" stand alone freezer. The control panel on the front of the door is blinking with an alternating "b" and -1F. About every 12 hours, that panel also starts beeping and I have to push the reset button to make it stop. We have already changed the battery once like the "trouble shooting" instructions said, but it continues to blink. Is there a fix to this?
Also, we had a repairman come out (not Sears), and he replaced the entire panel on the door. Before he came, the freezer was not freezing, now it is. It's just the blinking and the beeping that we need to fix.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The display is alerting you to a low battery. If the batter has been replaced, the main electronic control in the area by the compressor will likely need to be replaced. That is the main "brain" for the freezer. It is shown as number 54 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!