Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Pearl JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit

Customer Question

Hello Pearl
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a Fisher and Paykel smart drive 5.5 kg. Been the greatest until yesterday. First wash great then what sounded like surging trying to fill with only minimum success. wouldnt cycle at all and if I put it to spin it just managed to empty the tub and then error code 00101011 1 being light.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Whitegoods Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Whitegoods Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning and sorry for the delay. So to start let me explain your error. This error means the motor has detected an out of balance switch error. Some of these models have an actual out of balance switch and others are just simulated through an RPS sensor into the control board. To check pull your top panel up. Open the lid and remove the 2 plastic screw covers on the left and right side near the front. Remove the screws. Pull the entire front cover up and hinge it backwards. If yours has an out of balance switch then it will be located in the very back right corner. It looks like a 3" long plastic shaft sticking out of the bottom of the top panel. Somethings this gets broken or bent, you can adjust it if it's just bent. Unfortunately they don't make this out of balance switch anymore because it used to break so much, they re-designed the control board to work off the RPS sensor attached to the motor. If this out of balance switch is broken you will have to buy a new control board so that you can by pass the out of balance switch.If you don't have an out of balance switch on your model then you need a new RPS sensor which probably isn't a DIY project. The control board runs about $200 and the sensor runs about $50. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?