Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I recently purchased an LG model WT5680HVA and I am having

Customer Question

I recently purchased an LG model WT5680HVA and I am having a problem with the detergent dispenser staying full of water after wash is complete. So much water that I have to empty before I can put detergent back into dispenser for next load. Very frustrating!! What is causing this problem. I run a tub clean cycle every month so there shouldn't be any buildup. There is never water left in the softener side only detergent side. Please help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.The only thing that can cause that is build up in the dispenser blocking water flow, it needs to be removed and cleaned, here is a video that shows how to do it properly, the first part of the video is for the front load style lg which is not what you have but the second part is for your style the top load so don't load the video and think this is not for my washer, just keep watching or fast forward the video and the second part of the video shows how to clean your style. ******************************************************************************* We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed. Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call. Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks! After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing. NOTE PLEASE READ: When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system. Thank You! Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is not a build up of anything blocking water flow! I surely already knew how to remove and clean dispenser! No new information regarding problem was provided! Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
I am a different tech do you still need help?