Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool gold accunsense dishwasher will not clean now.IS

Customer Question

my whirlpool gold accunsense dishwasher will not clean now.IS THERE AN AFFORDABLE SOLUTION OR WILL WHIRLPOOL SEND A $100 COUPON FOR ME TO BUY A NEW ONE?The water will not dispense during the cleaning cycle, but the heating element works just fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Most issues for the dishwasher not filling should be affordable to fix. If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer or your float switch is stuck in the up position. Open up your door and look in the front corner of your dishwasher there is a plastic circular float device. Wiggle this up and down and make sure it's in the down position. If it's stuck in the up position it will not fill. If it still doesn't work and you looked under the dishwasher and you don't see any wires unplugged then you will need to order and replace your electronic water valve.Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad. A new water valve is about $40 and below is a link to the part if you needed it. CLICK HERE for valve We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?