Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I unplugged my new dishwasher to reset it because all buttons

Customer Question

I unplugged my new dishwasher to reset it because all buttons were flashing. Now, I am getting an F2-E2 code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door so that I can see what this error means for your dishwasher?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
WDT780SAEM
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you see my model number?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
OK perfect thank you and this error makes sense based on your symptoms. The error means that the user interface (UI) isn't communicating with your main control board which is why you couldn't get a response from the buttons before. You can take the door apart and make sure the cable between the user interface (the part with the buttons) and the main control board is secure, but other than that you just need to replace the UI assembly which is part number W10782657 and costs about $180 or so. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?