Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The front panel on my jenn-air slide in range (all gas) downdraft

Customer Question

the front panel on my jenn-air slide in range (all gas) downdraft is black -- we had a power outage yesterday -- this happened once before after a power outage and the technician said something about sunday mode but I don't know how to get it to turn on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: It could be in Sabbath mode, have you tried to hold the clock button down for 3 secs? If that does not work get me the complete model number off the unit. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime! He was talking about Sabboth mode, but if the control panel is blank and does nothing that is not the issue. You have a bad control due to the outage. It could easily have been damaged with a small surge. Just