Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a ETT365R Dacor electric cooktop. The burner controls

Customer Question

I have a ETT365R Dacor electric cooktop. The burner controls will not turn on the burners. The lock mechanism is turning on and off just fine. But if you push the burner controls, no beep.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Unfortunately this is a fairly common way for this cooktop to fail. The touch control panel has failed and it's attached to the back of the glass cooktop itself which means that you can try to flip the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset, but if that doesn't work, the entire glass cooktop would need to be replaced. The part number for a black glass cooktop is 66947RF and for white you'd need part number 12587RF. Each part is about $650-700 so it's very expensive and may not be worth repairing, but that is completely up to you. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?