Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Control panel lights stuck on cycle as set: kitchen aid dishwasher

Customer Question

Control panel lights stuck on cycle as set: kitchen aid dishwasher mod:KUDE70FXSS1
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I set the dishwasher on 1 hour cycle, pro dry. Green light to indicate complete never came on. As it had been 3 hours, I opened dishwasher, found dishes clean and dry. Panel lights will not go off. I cannot reset cancel or resume. In short panel is stuck and appliance inoperable.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No - As stated appliance cannot be used as panel is stuck and will not reset.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.
Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. Unfortunately it sounds like you have a common problem with your control panel failing due to moisture from the steam created inside the dishwasher. This obviously shouldn't affect your dishwasher, but the touch control panel wasn't designed very well initially and then Kitchen Aid re-designed the control panel so it's a completely different part number now. Try to flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronic will reset. If you still can't use the dishwasher normally, the entire touch control panel needs to be replaced. The new part number that you need is W10481144 and I'm sorry to say that it costs about $136 or so. The part was never recalled (manufactures like to avoid recalls if it's not dangerous to the consumer or potentially harmful to your house). Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model. CLICK HERE for control panel We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.