John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Our dryer is extremely hot to the touch on the back left top

Customer Question

Our dryer is extremely hot to the touch on the back left top side(when facing the front of dyer). It dry the clothes fine, but are concerned as to why it is so hot and what could cause this. We have already replaced the duct work to the dryer.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning. Do you have a model number so I can better assist you by chance? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way and can be seen if you open the door. Also, does the back top left area only get hot when the dryer is running or does it heat up when the dryer is not being used as well?