Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My refrigerator freezes water stored in it while ice cream

Customer Question

My refrigerator freezes water stored in it while ice cream in freezer is not solid. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: The unit is likely low on freon. Check and make sure the fans are running and blowing air. If the refrigerator temps are good then the unit is 99% sure low on freon and would need to be recharged to fix that issue. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Fans are running. the top which is the freezer an bottom is fridge. so the unit is 2yrs old. so I am not following why I would be low on Freon. the refrigerator is freezing milk an everything else while the freezer is not freezing ice cream all the way. a bag of pop sicles takes two days to freeze.
What is the complete model number off the unit? The W104 number is ***** a model.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the service thanks.