Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Dishwasher, Maytag MDB7609awb2. Some panel lites come on when

Customer Question

Dishwasher, Maytag MDB7609awb2. Some panel lites come on when pushed, start lite does not.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
The only thing that can cause your problem where some buttons work and others do not is a bad touchpad or a bad control board. This is always a very tough decision to make because unless you have a touchpad tester to plug in the ribbon cable and push the buttons to see if an LED light illuminates, you don't know whether the touchpad or the control board is faulty. If you already replaced the touch control panel and the issue didn't get resolved, the control board would need to be replaced to resolve the issue. Also, the thermal fuse cuts power to the entire dishwasher so you'd have no lights whatsoever if the fuse were bad just FYI. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?