Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My oven beeps and shows a code of -F2. What does that mean?

Customer Question

My oven beeps and shows a code of -F2. What does that mean? Should I be concerned about a fire? Do I need another oven or can this one be fixed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
F2 means that the oven thinks it's over heating which could be true or not true. Either way, the test is the same to determine which part has failed. You need to unplug the oven or flip the circuit breaker off. Then locate the sensor mounted to the back of the oven near the ceiling (3-5" thin metal rod). Remove this sensor and with a multimeter test resistance through the sensor. You should have 1080 ohms at room temperature. If it's off by more than 10% then you need to replace the sensor. If the sensor is accurate then you need a new main control board. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?