Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kenore 30" in stove the burners do not go on and there

Customer Question

I have a Kenore 30" in stove the burners do not go on and there is a lick symbol on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 11 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. This may just be a setting. Can you give please me the model number so I can confirm?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know what the model # ***** Where di I find it

Kenmore stoves are made by several companies. If this is made by Whirlpool it will be on the frame near the floor on the left side behind the drawer

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The # ***** the back of the stove is(###) ###-####

That doesn't come up. Let me ask a few questions. How old is the stove? Is it freestanding with 4 burners? Is it gas or electric?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not sure how old it is. It has 4 burners and it is electric. It has a self cleaning oven. The lock button is lit up. But the door is not locked

There is a button you need to hold for about 4 seconds. Do you see the symmbol of a lock at one of the buttons? Press that button for 4 seconds and see if the control will unlock.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The buttons work. You can set the temp. Of the oven and the time. The start button works as does the off button. But the lick symbol does nit turn off

Have you turned off the power to the oven for 3 minutes to see if it comes back unlocked?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do i have to turn the power off from the fuse panel or can i unplug it?

Unplugging is ok.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I press the button the door will lock and it will unlock but the symbol does not turn off

I would need the model number to look into this further. I will opt out to see if another expert can help you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Don't worry I will call someone in the morning thanks anyway
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Ok no problem

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!