John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Water line in the LG freezer door is brokingJA: Sometimes

Customer Question

water line in the LG freezer door is broking
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm trying to replace the water line dispenser in the freezer door
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I have the water line the model number is ***** and I already have the feezer door completely off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I also have the frame off the dispenser area
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The water line will disconnect from the dispenser fitting and then pull up through the door. Have you released the water line from the dispenser fitting to pull it through?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no I'm not sure how
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't see any more screws to get inside the door
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
pardon, it broke above the connector and is barely visible through the hole in the bottom of the door
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
It should just pull free from the little plastic holder at the dispenser. There is not much disassembly required.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please cancel any other correspondance, I requested a service person to come out tomorrow to fix the problem. Thank you for your time