Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We had what we thought was a bad damper control board and could

Customer Question

We had what we thought was a bad damper control board and could not find a replacement board so I sent it out to be repaired. When it cam in we plugged up the connectors and then powered it up and the board blew up immediately. Now they are building me a part from scratch.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Part Number:(###) ###-####... KitchenAid Model #KSSS48QDW04
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.Sorry I am not quite sure what your question is I see you made a statement about the board you had repaired blowing up and now they are making you another one, but not sure I see a question there.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need to know how to trouble shoot the wiring before I plug the new board in and it also blows up.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you still there?
Yes but I can't seem to locate a schematic for that model, I will opt out so another tech can help, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The tech sheet is attached. It is going to take a lot of testing the wiring and inspection to determine what may be faulty. The tech sheet shows all of the components and the wiring schematic. The parts breakdowns may be found at the link below. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Kelly, it maybe a few days before I finish. I am awaiting shipment of the "new" part. I just didn't want to sit on my hands hoping.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Well, with the tech sheet and the parts breakdowns available, you should be able to test everything for a short somewhere. I suspect the board may have just been faulty, though. The repair success rate is pretty low on these controls, less than 75%.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I will give it a try and then get back to you. Thanks, Don
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.