Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Bosch dishwasher in a house we just bought. The washer

Customer Question

We have a Bosch dishwasher in a house we just bought. The washer initially worked maybe 2 loads. Then it would cut off after maybe a gallon of water came in preparing to wash. The water would not drain. A service man said that the drain hose was installed so that it is slightly lower than the bottom of the disposal. Consequently, the disposal water back washes into the washer. He also said that even if we repair whatever else is wrong electronically, the backwash has permanently contaminated the washer and he recommended replacing it. Is this true?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The dishwasher dopes not need to be replaced and has not been permanently contaminated. Once the high loop in the drain hose has been installed to prevent water from back flowing, you can run a cycle with a disinfectant cleaner, like Dishwasher Magic to clean the internal workings of the sump. There is no permanent damage done by not having a high loop installed. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.