Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My 2008 Electrolux refrig started making a sound like an engine

Customer Question

My 2008 Electrolux refrig started making a sound like an engine revving now the temp on on panel board says CE...should I order the above mentioned panel? Thanks! Debbie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! That error is a Communication Error, meaning that the main control on the bottom is not talking to the interface board on the door. Given the revving sound you now hear, I suspect the main control is faulty and will need to be replaced. You can try resetting the electronics by unplugging the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. If no change, replace the main board that is mounted under the cabinet in the front, behind the toe panel. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I replace the main panel behind the toe panel?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
You will unplug the refrigerator, then remove the toe panel. Once it is off, there are a couple of screws at the front of the board housing. Take those out, slide the whole housing forward and unplug the connectors. The new board comes with an updated wiring harness (they just plug in) and instructions.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.