Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a GE radiant stove (model JSP42SOK4SS - I think).

Customer Question

We have a GE radiant stove (model JSP42SOK4SS - I think). I believe the mfg date was 2006.
Here's where I hope you can save me from an epic shriek from my wife: I left a small piece of aluminum foil on the right rear heat element. It left a mark and may have actually created a minuscule divot in the glass surface itself.
Please give me any suggestions you may have. I know there are cleaning products available. I was able to remove most of thr residue with a simple straight razor - but she is a PERFECTIONIST.
Worst case scenario; what is the least expensive replacement option?
My sincere thanks,
Jon Cannon (###) ###-####(Pls feel free to call.)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: Try and take some polishing compound with even a buffer to clean the area up, just some auto polishing compound will work otherwise replace the glass is 330 dollars...CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!