Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Numbers 7,8,9 do not work

Customer Question

numbers 7,8,9 do not work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: If those numbers do not work the touchpad is bad. The touchpad consists of a blued membrane and is not repairable. You can try to remove the ribbon cable from the board inside the unit and clean it and reseat it, but honestly when 3 keys fail there is a bad trace on the ribbon that is glued together and these just are not repairable..sorry for the news but membrane failures are common and just need to be replaced All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!