Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Amana sxd26v icemaker and water doesnt work no water past inlet

Customer Question

amana sxd26v icemaker and water doesnt work no water past inlet valve i took valve off and tested and it opened.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: are you there
JA: No. I'm the Appliance Technician's Assistant.
Customer: can someone help?
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon! Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself. Also, there are 2 separate valves for this model a primary and a secondary. Typically one of the valve has failed so the tricky part will be to determine which valve has failed. Below is a link to both valves. The secondary valve is toward the middle of the refrigerator underneath so you likely were only checking the primary valve where the water line from your house connects. CLICK HERE for valves We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Both valves are good. The is no electrical current to the valves
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
The electricity comes from the icemaker itself when it cycles so if both valves are definitely good, then you'd need to replace the icemaker itself.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is water in the front door. That doesn't work either.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
What you're saying doesn't add up so it's time to get a technician out to look at your refrigerator.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It appears your expertise is limited
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
That is not the case, but what you are saying doesn't add up so you need a technician to go re-check what you are stating because something you are saying as a fact isn't correct.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want my money back
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Ok have a nice day