Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE washer WHRE5260E1CC that washer and drain but when

Customer Question

I have a GE washer WHRE5260E1CC that washer and drain but when it starts the spin cycle it wont spin. I opened it and the motor is trying but it doesnt has the power to spin, I gave a little push to the pulley and it run fine. Could this be the motor, capacitor or transmission?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer today. Does the washer still agitate like normal during the wash cycle?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes it does, it run through the whole cycle the problem is the motor doesnt want to beging spinning by itself, give it a push and it goes. I disconected the pulley and run the cycle and the motor run good disconnect to the transmission, thought it could be stuck transmission but like I said, with the push it runs good...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
OK well the transmission isn't the issue. Also if the washer does agitate, then your start winding on the motor is good and the capacitor is good. The only difference between agitation and spinning is that the motor changes directions. It does this by the control board flowing electricity through the start winding in reverse. You know the start winding is good which means that the motor isn't the problem since it wont start without a little nudge. Your start winding is just not being engaged which means that you have a bad control board up inside your control panel. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?